Junior Squash Development Officer Position27 Feb 2018
Squash Canterbury have created an exciting new role driving forward a project to introduce squash to a new generation of players, on the back of the profile gained by the commonwealth games.
We are seeking expressions of interest for a *fixed term contract, part-time Junior Squash Development Officer, Christchurch based. (15 hours/week for 34 weeks)
This role would suit a highly motivated energetic professional who is looking for an exciting challenge and not afraid to hit the ground running.
To be successful in the is role you must have excellent organisation, planning and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
Significant experience in sports administration and a good understanding and knowledge of the sport and recreation sector is essential.
The post will be responsible for co-ordinating and implementing work focussed on meeting Squash Canterbury’s aim of increasing junior squash participation within Canterbury.
Work areas will have a significant impact on achieving Squash Canterbury’s objectives of:
• Bringing new players into squash
• Maximizing on the media coverage of the Commonwealth Games
• Enabling clubs to create sustainable programmes and pathways to grow and develop junior participation
• Raise the profile and grow squash within Schools
• Strengthen links between clubs and schools
• Provide high quality coaching services for juniors within clubs and schools; grow numbers of coaches and provide coach development opportunities
Download a copy of the Job Description here
For further information contact: Karen at email@example.com or
Expressions of interest to be submitted by 5pm on Wednesday 7th March to:
Karen Boag, Squash Canterbury Administration Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
*Based on the success of the role we may look to fund future hours