Referees are an integral part of our sport and anyone can become a squash referee. By doing so you'll develop observation, leadership, confidence and communication skills to be able to manage a squash game.
More than 500 people are qualified as a referee. Here's why:
- Ensure games are conducted safely and are played in accordance with sanctioned rules and regulations.
- Continue your enjoyment of the game after or even during your playing career.
- Increase your knowledge of the rules to improve your game.
- Have the best seat in the house at every match.
- Get that great feeling of allowing everyone to have the best experience possible when taking part in squash matches and tournaments.
- Maintain your current links with the game, forge new friendships and give back to the sport in a direct and meaningful way.
- Gain appreciation and respect from the squash family.
- Open up travel opportunities both around New Zealand and to the rest of the world.