Kiwi Squash is Squash New Zealand's official junior squash programme for 5-12 year olds. To start a lifelong involvement in squash, an engaging and inclusive programme has been created that is at the right level for the players at each stage of their development. Conducted in a safe environment, it uses activities and games to provide fun and enjoyable learning and participation experiences for young people.
Press Play: Kiwi Squash Small Nix
Press Play: Kiwi Squash Big Nix
Insights and advice
Discover the secrets to making the most of Kiwi Squash. Find out more
Frequently asked questions
Why should squash clubs offer junior programmes?
Running a junior club programme can lead to:
- Increased membership (juniors and their families)
- Increased revenue from increased membership
- Off-set ageing membership and securing the club’s future
- Increase in quality of club representative players
- More youthful and vibrant club environment
- Today’s juniors will be tomorrow’s adult members and volunteer club personnel
- Increase club cohesiveness and loyalty through members supporting developing juniors
- Improve adult members behaviour and etiquette on and off the court
How can clubs use Kiwi Squash?
Kiwi Squash can be used to create quality local sporting opportunities in a number of ways:
- As a junior club programme.
- As a holiday programme.
- As part of club open days.
- As a fun get together for families.
- As a school programme.
What should regional District Associations do to support Kiwi Squash?
- Provide support to access funding via Kiwi Sport through the Regional Sports Trusts.
- Offer Kiwi Squash coach learning modules.
- Help clubs to utilise the implementation support pack to assist local clubs, their people and their operations.
- Promote success stories.
- Facilitate club development workshops using Regional Sports Trust staff.
Kiwi Squash equipment
Age-appropriate balls and rackets are the key to successful Kiwi Squash programmes, making it easier for children to pick up skills and have fun. Improve your programme with our equipment solutions.