Applications Sought for Christchurch Squash Club Manager27 Nov 2018
Christchurch Squash Club are seeking applications for the new role of Club Manager at their new eight court facility to be opened in Cashmere in April 2019.
Christchurch Squash Club is an Incorporated Society that provides its members sporting and social facilities, in return for which they pay membership subscriptions. The Club Manager is a key role in managing the provision of these services to members, and the attendant administration activities required to run the club’s operations successfully and cost-effectively.
The role manages all operational, member services, facilities and administrative activities of the club in line with the strategic plan.
The successful applicant will be a seasoned facility and sport management professional who has the passion to drive this exciting new venture. They will have demonstrated experience in running a sports facility, being able to foster key relationships, and drive membership growth.
An interest in squash will be an advantage as they will be required to display a consistently high level of passion and enthusiasm for the game that will endear themselves to all stakeholders, and lead the excellent club culture that exists amongst current members.
Other key attributes include:
• Excellent communication skills – both oral and written.
• Flexibility in working hours – to accommodate requirements around major club events, the seasonal nature of squash, and varying work flows.
• Ability to solve problems and resolve interpersonal matters.
• Honesty and integrity to work in a self-starting position of trust.
• Sound understanding of budgeting, P&L and cash flow management.
• Technological proficiency in Microsoft Office, and web/PC based communication including Facebook and Instagram.
• Personal organisation – to prioritize own time; manage office files and systems, and to work effectively with an elected Committee governance structure.
This is a full-time position and a contract will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
To apply please email your CV and Covering Letter to Grant Lewis at email@example.com by the closing date of 15 January 2019.
For the full Job Description and any inquiries please contact Grant Lewis by email.