Extension Module 10: Conditioning
This extension module gives coaches tools to offer effective strength and conditioning programmes for squash players at a level appropriate to their stage of development. It provides information around training principles and variables, warming up and cooling down, fitness components, season planning and periodisation, speed and agility, session plans and testing protocols.
- Basic training principles for squash players
- Manipulation of training variables
- Individual components of fitness and how they relate to squash
- Periodised plans for individuals
- Components of fitness and how they relate to the demands of the game of squash
- Training sessions appropriate to athlete stages of development
- Testing procedures for squash players
Coaches who attend will receive a special Conditioning Extension Module 10 pack which includes a resource booklet with relevant information and coaching ideas. Coaches can also access the Coaching sections on the Squash NZ website for further resources, development and networking opportunities.
This coach learning module is provided by the Districts' trained regional CoachForce.
Module costs are set by the District.
Coaches who attend will be recorded on the Squash New Zealand iSquash database as having completed Conditioning Extension Module 10.