Extension Module 8: Hydration and Nutrition
This extension module gives coaches an overview of the nutritional requirements for squash players. It provides guidelines that can be followed and adapted to suit each individual's needs required for optimal sports nutrition.
- Basic nutritional requirements of a squash player
- The function of the main nutrients required in sports nutrition
- Carbohydrates, protein, fat and fluids
- Hydration and the effect dehydration has on performance
- Pre, during and post- event nutrition: when and why it is needed
- Amenorrhoea and osteopenia, and how it affects female athletes
- Anaemia, and how to prevent it
- Travel and nutritional issues
- The purpose of and difference between dietary supplements and ergogenic aid
Coaches who attend will receive a special Hydration and Nutrition Extension Module 8 pack which includes a resource booklet with relevant information and coaching ideas. Coaches can also access the Coaching sections on the Squash NZ website for further resources, development and networking opportunities.
2 hours 15 minutes
This coach learning module is provided by the Districts' trained regional CoachForce.
Module costs are set by the District.
Coaches who attend will be recorded on the Squash New Zealand iSquash database as having completed Hydration and Nutrition Extension Module 8.