Module 17: Professional
This coach learning module is available (by invitation only) for selected coaches and gives the tools, resources and information needed to develop and support their elite professional athletes, who are either competing, or about to compete on international (PSA) tours.
Completion of Module 16: National Squad.
- Playing squash full time on tour
- Selecting tournaments and accumulating ranking points
- Understanding rules and regulations of different competitions
- Professional player development - planning, implementing, measuring and reviewing
- Creating elite daily training environments
- Developing deception and pressure feeding
- Establishing international training networks
- Match analysis, planning and debriefing
- Video review system
- Managing sponsors and the media
- Transitioning athletes into professional retirement
At the completion of the Professional Module you will be assessed on pressure feeding, tour planning and athlete profiling aspects of high performance coaching for elite professional athletes. Find out more
Coaches who attend will receive a special Professional Module 17 pack which includes a resource booklet with relevant information and coaching ideas. Coaches can also access the Coaching sections on the Squash NZ website for further resources, development and networking opportunities.
2-3 days (by invitation only)
This coach learning module is provided by Squash New Zealand using accredited Trainers.
To be determined and are dependent on factors such as cost of resources, Trainer fees, facility and equipment hire costs.
Coaches who attend will be recorded on the Squash New Zealand iSquash database as having completed and received the "Professional" Module 17 Qualification.