Module 15: World Junior Squads
This coach learning module is available (by invitation only) for selected coaches and gives the tools, resources and information needed to develop and support their elite junior athletes, who are either competing, or about to compete in a World Junior Championships or Major Games.
Completion of Module 14: National Development Squad.
- Talent identification characteristics and behaviours of high performance athletes
- Squad structuring, campaign building and team culture forming
- Individual performance planning and monitoring
- Developing advanced movement patterns
- Creating spin, using deception and breaking rhythm
- Advanced shot development
- High level feeding methods
- Match tactics planning and athlete profiling
- Competition communication strategies under pressure
- Major event preparation, rules and regulations
At the completion of the World Junior Squads Module you will be assessed on performance planning, advanced technical, movement and tactical development and communication / reflection aspects of high performance coaching for elite junior athletes. Find out more
Completion of District-level Referee Qualification.
Coaches who attend will receive a special World Junior Squads Module 15 pack which includes a resource booklet with relevant information and coaching ideas. Coaches can also access the Coaching sections on the Squash NZ website for further resources, development and networking opportunities.
2-3 days (by invitation only)
This coach learning module is provided by Squash New Zealand using accredited Trainers.
To be determined and are dependent on factors such as cost of resources, Trainer fees, facility and equipment hire costs.
Coaches who attend will be recorded on the Squash New Zealand iSquash database as having completed and received the "World Junior Squads" Module 15 Qualification.