Module 14: National Development Squad
This coach learning module is available (by invitation only) for identified coaches and gives the tools, resources and information needed to develop and support their pre-elite junior athletes for the demands of international squash.
- Characteristics and qualities required by young high performance athletes
- Skills and attributes that are required by coaches working in the high performance space
- Basic principles and techniques of the swing
- Squad structures
- Communication channels and feedback
- Principles and concepts of efficient movement
- Conflict resolution skills
- Strategic concepts and tactics
At the completion of the National Development Squad Module you will be assessed on technical, tactical, movement and squad planning aspects of high performance coaching for pre-elite junior athletes. Find out more
Coaches who attend will receive a special National Development Squad Module 14 pack which includes a resource booklet with relevant information and coaching ideas and two high performance training DVDs. Coaches can also access the Coaching sections on the Squash NZ website for further resources, development and networking opportunities.
2 days (by invitation only)
This coach learning module is provided by Squash New Zealand using accredited Trainers.
To be determined and are dependent on factors such as cost of resources, Trainer fees, facility and equipment hire costs.
Coaches who attend will be recorded on the Squash New Zealand iSquash database as having completed National Development Squad Module 14.
Coaches are required to attend 2 modules to receive the "National Development Squad" Qualification:
- Module 14: National Development Squad
- Extension Module 2: How to Coach