Module 13: Senior Men and Women
This coach learning module gives coaches the tools, resources and information needed to develop and support their senior District representative athletes, who are either competing, or about to compete in a National Championships.
- The characteristics of senior men and women
- Structuring senior performance squads and setting expectations
- Creating a group culture and environment
- Managing senior performance squads
- Developing technique, movement and tactical awareness
- Strength and conditioning components for senior performance athletes
- Travelling with groups to events
- Alcohol and squash performance
Coaches who attend will receive a special Senior Men and Women Module 13 pack which includes a resource booklet with relevant information and coaching ideas. Coaches can also access the Coaching sections on the Squash NZ website for further resources, development and networking opportunities.
2 hours 50 minutes
This coach learning module is provided by the Districts' trained regional CoachForce or Squash New Zealand using accredited Trainers.
Module costs are set by Squash New Zealand or the District.
Coaches who attend will be recorded on the Squash New Zealand iSquash database as having completed Senior Men and Women Module 13.
Coaches are required to attend 2 modules to receive the "Senior Men and Women" Qualification:
- Module 13: Senior Men and Women
- Extension Module 2: How to Coach