Module 11: Individual Development
This coach learning module gives coaches the tools, resources and information needed to develop and support their District representative athletes for the demands of performance squash.
- Breaking skills into parts
- The stages of skill acquisition
- Different training methods to accelerate development
- Ghosting movements
- Designing solo practice sessions
- Using lengths to develop consistency
Coaches who attend will receive a special Individual Development Module 11 pack which includes a resource booklet with relevant information and coaching ideas. Coaches can also access the Coaching sections on the Squash NZ website for further resources, development and networking opportunities.
2 hours 40 minutes
This coach learning module is provided by the Districts' trained regional CoachForce or Squash New Zealand using accredited Trainers.
Module costs are set by the District.
Coaches who attend will be recorded on the Squash New Zealand iSquash database as having completed Individual Development Module 11.
Coaches are required to attend 3 modules to receive the "Individual Development" Qualification:
- Module 11: Individual Development
- Module 11a: Individual Development
- Extension Module 2: How to Coach