Module 8: Women
This coach learning module gives coaches the tools, resources and information needed to develop and support female players in a club environment.
- Key considerations for coaching the female squash player
- Common myths around coaching female squash players
- Motivations of women to the take up the game and have coaching
- Hydration and nutrition issues affecting women
- Injury and training considerations for women
- Menstruation, its effects on performance and processes to deal with it sensitively
- Technical swing development: forehand and backhand
- How to provide effective feedback for women
- Ideas and thoughts for running women’s programmes in your club
Coaches who attend will receive a special Women Module 8 pack which includes a resource booklet with relevant information and coaching ideas and a basic squash technique DVD. Coaches can also access the Coaching sections on the Squash NZ website for further resources, development and networking opportunities.
2 hours 40 minutes
This coach learning module is provided by the Districts' trained regional CoachForce.
Module costs are set by the District.
Coaches who attend will be recorded on the Squash New Zealand iSquash database as having completed Women Module 8.
Coaches are required to attend 2 modules to receive the "Women" Qualification:
- Module 8: Women
- Extension Module 2: How to Coach