Module 6: Adult Starters Club
This coach learning module gives coaches the tools, resources and information needed to develop and support new beginner adults in a club environment.
- Needs of adult starters
- Principles of adult learning
- Motivations of adults to take up the game and seek coaching
- Developing movement, squash co-ordination and tactical understanding for new adult players
- Trouble-shooting ideas and thoughts while working with beginner adults
- Some useful information for new squash players
- Ideas and thoughts for running adult programmes in your club
Coaches who attend will receive a special Adult Starters Club Module 6 pack which includes a resource booklet with relevant information and coaching ideas. Coaches can also access the Coaching sections on the Squash NZ website for further resources, development and networking opportunities.
2 hours 30 minutes
This coach learning module is provided by the Districts' trained regional CoachForce.
Module costs are set by the District.
Coaches who attend will be recorded on the Squash New Zealand iSquash database as having completed Adult Starters Club Module 6.
Coaches are required to attend 2 modules to receive the "Adult Starters Club" Qualification:
- Module 6: Adult Starters Club
- Extension Module 2: How to Coach