New Zealand Wins Two Gold Medals at World Doubles Champs
New Zealand has come away with two gold medals and one bronze from the 2017 WSF World Doubles Squash Championships in Manchester after strong wins. The medal tally equaled last year and it was the same pairings taking out the titles as well. Check out the full story here and for all information on the event check out the event page here.
Time To Recognise Clubs, Volunteers and Coaches
From Kaitaia to Bluff, Gisborne to Hokitika and everywhere in between, there are 200 clubs, 1500 coaches and many more volunteers spread across the country who make up the New Zealand squash family. These passionate, dedicated and talented squash squash communities and people go above and beyond, constantly upskilling themselves and putting everyone else's squash before their own. It is time for us to say "THANK YOU!" Nominations open on Monday. Click here
Rule of the Month
This month we look at playing the ball again after missing the first time. Are you are player who fakes a shot? See what might happen to you and how it might be ruled here.
If you think you can nail that, then sit our free online referee exam here.
Clubs all over the country are using good practice to succeed and take their business to the next level. Your club can use this information to implement positive change within your own environment. Check out the range of case studies here.
- Squash Bay of Plenty - Referee Development. Click here
- Kawaroa Park Squash Club - Female Environment. Click here
Share Your LOVE Squash Story
What are some of the great things about squash? Put aside the fact that it is a great way to have fun, get fit in no time and you can play it with anyone and against anyone. To help us promote more of the wonderful aspects of the game, we're on the lookout for a wide range of LOVE squash ambassadors from all different walks of life. Simply share how and where you first started playing squash and why you now 'LOVE IT'. Go on... share the LOVE.
Coach Development Framework Nears Completion
As part of a series of roadshows throughout the country in 2009, the Framework was developed by the Coaching Director with the help of the Coaching Advisory Panel, national coaches, Sport New Zealand and over 120 coaches. After 7 years in development, over 1500 individual coaches upskilled and more than 3500 total modules completed, the content for the Framework has finally been completed. Take a look at what each module covers and register your interest in attending these popular courses here.
Events Still to Enter
Check out the upcoming events you can get yourself involved in:
- Champion of Champions. Details here
- New Zealand Junior National Individual Championships. Details here
The Future of Membership?
Effectively acquiring and retaining members is a process. Like any process, if you can streamline and ensure that every part works together smoothly, then you will maximise the return from your efforts. Does your club have an understanding of the current trends in membership? This process can be divided into various stages:
- Lead generation - find out how to do this here.
- Sales process - learn how to convey value here.
- Renewal time - discover how to make this easier here.
Upcoming and Latest National Title Winners
It has been another month of National Events with SuperChamps eliminations and other events. Check out the latest winners of these prestigious National Titles and upcoming events below:
- Anything SuperChamps related. Click here
- The New Zealand Under 23 Championships are set. Check out those in contention for the title here.
- The Trans-Tasman Masters Team is competing in Ballarat this week. Check out the team competing here.
- The Wellington Men's team and the Bay of Plenty Women's team have claimed the 2017 New Zealand Senior Inter-District Teams Titles. Full details here.
- Palmerston North Girls High School and Westlake Boys High School have claimed their respective New Zealand Secondary Schools Titles for the third year in a row. Full story here.
- Morriss steps down as Coaching & Development Director. Click here
- Joelle King and Paul Coll have started strong at the China Open. Find out more
- What is talent and do you have it? Read more
- Learn what your coaching CV should include. Find out more
- From Rio to Golf Coast. Check out what you need to know to support our team at the 2018 Commonwealth Games. Learn more
- 5 benefits of having a squash buddy. Find out more
- Does your club listen to member feedback? Learn more
- The New Zealand Squash Hall of Fame is seeking to co-opt two (2) individuals to join the Management Board. Details here
- Is your club maximising business opportunities? Read more
- Squash New Zealand is seeking expressions of interest to host Professional Squash Events in 2018. Find out more
- Learn how to make your club stand out. Read more
- The Professional Squash Association (PSA) have announced the SQUASHTV schedule for the 2017/18 season. Details here
- How do squash clubs compare with gyms? Details here
- Drug Free Sport New Zealand is pleased to announce a new paperless way of notifying athletes of their negative drug test results. Learn more
- Save your club money with n3. Find out more