Meet the latest nzsquash.co.nz
Over the past few months we have been collecting feedback from you to help us make things easier and now we're delighted to unveil our new website to you. The revamped site boasts enhanced user experience and navigation, new functionality and a fully responsive design - enabling access at anytime from anywhere. Why not explore our new site and let us know what you think?
The squash excellence of kiwis has been celebrated for over thirty years. Every year individuals and clubs throughout the country continue to make outstanding contributions to provide world-class squash experiences for tens of thousands of kiwis within their communities. It is time to celebrate the very best of this work, recognise the enormous contribution of individuals and clubs, share good practice and inspire excellence. Go and nominate your club and fellow volunteers and coaches for everything they have done over the past 12 months here.
Hall of Fame
The New Zealand Squash Hall of Fame was established in 2009 to recognise and honour the outstanding performance of squash players and achievements of coaches, administrators and other personalities within New Zealand Squash. Join us at the 2016 Squash New Zealand National Awards ceremony to honour our past and celebrate the present. Find out more
Coach (and athlete) development continues to grow
The development of competent squash coaches is critical for the development of squash players and their enjoyment at all levels of play. Delivered by the regionally trained squash CoachForce network, the National Coach Development Framework continues to create more and better squash coaches - from those helping Small Nix players to those working with professional athletes. See what was achieved over the past 12 months and learn how you can join 1,200+ others here.
National events wind up
A number of national events have taken place with the New Zealand Junior and Masters Nationals taking place in Hamilton and Dunedin respectively. The National SuperChamps finals found 10 new national champions whilst the NZ Under 23’s saw some of our most promising players competing for another national title. All games were hard fought and some tight results made for some tense matches. Checkout all the past news:
- Auckland claims Masters title. Click here
- Kitchen shows skills in Masters title win. Click here
- Auckland takes clean sweep in junior Inter-District teams. Click here
- Galloway and Epke claim under 19 junior titles. Click here
- 2016 SuperChamps finals day match-ups. Click here
- Van Der Salm and Owen claim under 23 trophies. Click here
Squash NZ Case Studies
Squash NZ is continuing the initiative to create a greater community through the sharing of information in Case Studies and is encouraging squash clubs all around the country to share their own success stories. The Squash New Zealand case studies celebrate innovative thinking and success in clubs. It is hoped that other clubs can learn and use the information to implement positive change within their own environment. To view the range of case studies, click here.
- National Squash Centre – Engaging Millennials
- Club Kelburn – Court Usage
- Club Kelburn – Squash 57
- Cambridge Racquets Club – Juniors
- Squash Waikato – CoachForce
- Squash Central – CoachForce
- Squash Midlands – CoachForce
World Women's team to travel to France announced
The Squash New Zealand team to compete at the 2016 Women’s World Teams Championship in Paris, France from the 27th November to 3rd December has been announced. The team is Joelle King, Megan Craig, Amanda Landers-Murphy and Emma Millar with Ellie Epke named as the Non-Travelling reserve. Check out the full story here.
Try it. Play it. Love it. launches
We're on a mission to help more people fall in love with squash so they choose to play it. Squash New Zealand are pleased to launch the new ‘Try it. Play it. Love it.’ website section to help increase participation, membership numbers and overall awareness of squash throughout the country. The new national Try it. Play it. Love it. page makes it easier than ever to access the freshest marketing materials and attract new participants and members into your facilities. You can get your hands on official logos for timetabling and promotions too. Create buzz in your club by using the library of marketing resources appropriately themed under Try it. Play it. and Love it. here.
- Squash New Zealand is seeking expressions of interest from all interested parties for the role of High Performance Programme Manager. Find out more
- Save your club $ with the FREE LiteClub service here
- The World Masters Games have announced an exciting athlete only entertainment hub for next year. Check out the full story here
- Save operational $ with the FREE national group buying programme from n3 here
- England will be hosting the 2017 World Doubles Championships. Read the full story here
- Take a look at the club resources to help you ensure your club is on top of things here
- PSA TV are offering 50% off your first 3 months' SQUASHTV subscription. To redeem this offer, enter the coupon code NZ50 in the coupon box when signing up. Full story here
- Squash New Zealand has added another Regional Referee to the ranks in the form of Jackie Hamilton. Check out the full story here
- The Inaugural Golden Oldies World Squash Festival 2018 comes to Christchurch in April 2018. Check out the full story here
- Joelle King was in Squash Player Magazine in September, check out what she had to say here