Club of the Year
Clubs play an important role in society. They draw people together, they help to knit communities and they provide a place where people can enjoy themselves both on and off the squash courts.
Established in 1998 and open to all affiliated squash clubs within New Zealand, the Club of the Year award recognises clubs for their valuable contribution and achievement in the delivery of community squash.
Winners from each of the 11 regional District Associations are put forward as contenders for the coveted National Award, which is aligned with the Squash New Zealand Strategic Plan: 'Squash on the Move'.
When deciding a judging panel considers the contribution to and achievements in the following objectives:
- Participation Growth - increasing the number of people playing and participating in community squash
- International Success - club members achieving success at significant regional / national events
- Welcoming Facilities - improving the condition, accessibility and utilisation of club spaces and places
- Financial Health - governing and managing the club to provide financial sustainability
- Unified Delivery - working with the District and Squash New Zealand to deliver squash in the community
Club of the Year: Tawa Squash Club - Wellington
|Year||Club of the Year|
|2017||North Shore Squash Club|
|2016||Hamilton Squash & Tennis|
|2014||Squash City Invercargill|
|2012||Devoy Squash & Fitness|
|2005||Squash Palmerston North|
|2002||Squash Palmerston North|
|2000||Squash Palmerston North|