Module 12: Junior Boys and Girls
This coach learning module gives coaches the tools, resources and information needed to develop and support their junior District representative athletes, who are either competing, or about to compete in a National Junior Championships.
- The characteristics and developmental needs of junior boys and girls
- Structuring junior performance squads and setting expectations
- Creating performance partnerships with parents
- Fostering a group culture and environment
- Managing junior performance squads
- Developing technique, movement and tactical awareness
Coaches who attend will receive a special Junior Boys and Girls Module 12 pack which includes a resource booklet with relevant information and coaching ideas. Coaches can also access the Coaching sections on the Squash NZ website for further resources, development and networking opportunities.
2 hours 50 minutes
This coach learning module is provided by the Districts' trained regional CoachForce or Squash New Zealand using accredited Trainers.
Module costs are set by the District.
Coaches who attend will be recorded on the Squash New Zealand iSquash database as having completed Junior Boys and Girls Module 12.
Coaches are required to attend 2 modules to receive the "Junior Boys and Girls" Qualification: